Sunday, June 20, 2010

For now that's good enough for me.

Summer starts tomorrow, but if you live where I live you'd call BS. It's been so hot, and we've been getting these amazing summer storms. Ba-da-ba-ba-baaaaa, I'm lovin it! Loving the pool, the sun, the sweat, and the thunder at night. I'm also loving mixing in some peach bacardi wth sweet tea!!

I'm also loving that it's the half year mark...a good time to look back at what you've went through/accomplished/struggled with/loved/hated during the first half of the year and scrap it and move on. Screw the idea that January 1 is the only time to resolve to live. Today is a better time than ever because after all life doesn't have a tivo: it does not pause nor slowdown for any man. I'm wise enough to realize when someone has said best what I'm feeling so I steal the following from a much wittier person than I:

"For a few sunny and sweaty months, why not just shut the fuck up & suck on whatever makes you happy. For some that might be a breath of fresh air, for others it might be a tall glass of mental medication. Put a smile on your face. Or at least keep a gleam in your eye & wink it at someone once & awhile, just to let ‘em know that you’re in on it."

Thanks Tim :)

I think everyday can be our best day, if we just allow it to be. And if you can just decide that waking up each day and living a life you enjoy is good enough, how can you be disappointed? You can't. Period. The end. And that kind of pressure-free joy really opens up life to be so full and robust and ultra-luscious-sexy-satisfying. Afterall, eulogies rarely mention someone living a "perfect life" because on one really gives two shits about perfection in the end. What lingers is joy, love, friendship, and experience. So if you feel like it, start over tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

This song helps me breathe out when I get too caught up in myself. Maybe it'll work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment