Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rain sounds so cool when it hits the barn roof

There are certain things in my life that are just givens. Knowing there are constants in life make me comfortable. For instance: Over the Hills and Far Away will always make me smile, kissing someone with a little scruff on their face will always give me chills, Jim Beam will always remind me of my first college party, etc. With this in mind here is my list of things that will always ring true for me:

1. Never leave the dance floor when Prince is playing.
2. Always remember if there is something you don't know you can always ask someone (even if that "someone" is Google).
3. When in doubt, play with a kid. This inevitably solves all the worlds problems.
4. Rainstorms are natures sleeping pills.
5. Never take a man's chili dog.
6.There are no such thing as guilty pleasures. Pleasure is always a good thing as long as you aren't hurting anyone.
7. You'll be fine if you go an extra day without shaving your legs or cleaning the kitchen.
8. Grilled cheese that someone makes FOR you taste much better than one you made for yourself.
9. When in doubt, sleep an extra ten minutes.
10. Save your pocket change.
11. Going barefoot never hurt anyone....that's what tetanus shots are for.
12. If it's important, write it down. Trust me.

And I'll close with this little paraphrase of JM describing what Your Body is a Wonderland is about.......It's like when you to bed at 4:00 and stay until dinner. Like when you go to a movie, and come out and it's dark. Except it's sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment