Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rythmetic, acrobatic, She's a dynamite attraction.

I heart dancing. Big time.

The kind where I close my eyes and have no idea what my body is actually doing. The kind that makes you sweat. The kind I could be doing on a crowded dance floor just as easily as on my couch in my pajamas singing to the top of my lungs. The kind I used to do locked in my room while blasting Diana Ross's "Upside Down" from my Fisher Price record player.

It's happiness to me in the purest form. It's infectious and lives in my very soul. I don't do it enough. In the movie Elizabethtown Claire tells Drew to, "make time to dance alone with one hand waving free." Some of the best advice I've ever heard. Nothing much matters when I'm lost in the music inside my head. It's the best kind of bliss when a rhythm leaves you with no choice but to get up and shake it. Plus it's sexy as hell...not all the gyrating and grinding, although that's not too bad either ;). But the confidence to block out the world and just give in to the music, that type of attitude gets me everytime.

And in homage to a movie with a killer soundtrack give this a listen, and Let It All Hang out...

No comments:

Post a Comment