Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gettin' Domestic.

While I've been moving in and settling down, wedding planning has been on a hard pause. But I've been cooking up a storm....okay, maybe a light drizzle, but you get the idea. I would always see live alone folks cooking these great meals for themselves, but I just couldn't ever get there. Most of my single life meals came from the freezer or a bag. Cooking for two is just a little more fun really. Plus the pressure to polish off the left overs isn't so bad when you are sharing it with a boy.

So, I full on grocery shop now. Not just for turkey burgers and Lean Cuisines. And I check for what's on sale. Yep. And I've actually used a few coupons. Yikes. Anywho, pork loin was on mega sale this week so I picked one up. Four pounds of pork, what in the world was I gonna do with that?? Google like mad until I found something that sounded yummy and most importantly not TOO intimidating, that's what. Trusty Google (she knows everything) found me this: Maple Baked Pork Loin. Here went nothing.


My trusty test subjects

The goodies

The process 


I also made mashed taters (and steam in the bag peas, lest my head began to get too big).


 The finished product


Y'all it may be douchy to say, but this dinner was amazing. I couldn't be more proud of myself. And B and I both have dinner/lunch for today. And there is tons left for sandwiches or whatever. If only I'd been this brave in the kitchen before!! But I'm sure B is happy to come around just in time to reap the benefits. Anybody and everybody I'd love to hear some tried and trues from your kitchen. I promise to try it out and let you know how it goes! Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment