Sunday, September 15, 2013

Brunch & Munch

Sunday mornings are great. Brunch is great. Having someone else make the brunch is more than great. But when you make it yourself, you can get a little extended couple time in while cooking. Not to mention a typical brunch out is gonna run us $20-$30 while we spent less than $5. If I'd planned ahead, we could've had bottomless mimosas and still saved a boatload. The only thing missing is a patio table so we could've eaten outside and really took advantage of this amazeballs weather.

Still, we did get to crank my new copy of Physical Graffiti while we cooked. Probably not gonna get much Zeppelin at the local brunch buffet.

I made pan fried potatoes. These are my nightmare. I've never quite mastered getting them good and done on inside without being too crunchy on the outside. Any tips?? I'd love some input.


Otherwise we kept it simple with English muffins and cheese eggs. B did the eggs, and while I can admit having him in the kitchen stresses me a little it's worth it in the end.  


Eventually we'll get our grove down. Adjusting to living together is a little rough when you've been living on your own for so long. Somehow I think we'll survive. Next brunch I wanna go a little fancier. I've got a small iron skillet so it'd be fun to re-create some of the skillet plates that seem to be so popular at brunch places. Wish me luck.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment