Monday, April 15, 2013

Just tell the DJ to play your favorite tune.

Turns out I may become a gym person after all. I've been three out of the last four days and I'm feeling pretty good. I have some limitations due to the fucking achilles tendonitis I'm trying to get rid of, but I'm working it hard on the exercise bike for now. That thing doesn't even know what hit it. My favorite piece of equipment so far may be the little stretching thingy. Low tech just like I like it. And it meets my needs perfectly. It feels amazing.

There is one thing I'm on the fence with: couple's workouts. In some ways it's great. Do my solo cardio with my headphones in (Earth Wind and Fire, anyone??). And then it's fun and motivational to have someone there to chat with while I strength train because I basically hate it. Still, there's a part of my that likes to be alone. Selfish, stubborn, blah. But it is hard to throw the medicine ball all alone, so I'm giving it a trial run.

In other news, I'm engaged. And that's weird. Because I'm wondering if I should feel different because I don't really. And then I feel bad for not feeling different. Etc, etc. I guess now I have to plan a wedding??? I think ideally I'd just like to fill my friends and family's bellies with food and booze and somewhere in the middle say I do. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm gonna put on my girly pants and give this a whirl.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment