Thursday, April 28, 2011

Past Lives

I wish that I was good...
Nah, I wish that I was great.
I wish that I'd been early more often than late.
But nothing lasts forever,
maybe that's fate
When you're alive you're alright,
but when you're dead you're a saint.

Sometimes I forget about the chances we get in life to start over. They happen every day, thank God. I don't have to be the person you thought I was, or even the person I really was with you. I can be a different "me" right now if I wanted. And that's a glorious feeling. I think it has taken me a little while to get here, but I'm always a work in progress. And I'm OK with that. It's fun to evolve; it's also necessary. The big picture for me is that no one piece of my life (no matter how blissful it was) defines me...that no one interaction is who I am....that it's just a Past Life.

(also I'm more obsessed with Langhorne Slim by the minute, so please enjoy the music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment